- Auction Schedule
- Truck Auction
Auto Auctions in Fort Wayne
Are you tired of visiting used car lots and haggling with salesmen, trying futilely to find a vehicle that suits your style and your price preferences? Fort Wayne auto auctions may be your answer.
An auto auction runs like any other auction would (see About Auctions for more info)—complete with auctioneer, sellers, bidders, and a variety of items up for sale (automobiles in this case). An automobile auction carries with it an atmosphere of fun, competition, energy and excitement!
Auto auctions value selling vehicles fast and efficiently. For this reason, many Fort Wayne IN automobile auction sites host regular auto auctions with buying opportunities on a monthly, weekly, or even daily basis. Therefore, if you do not find what you want the first-time around, you can always return to the auto auction at a later date for a different selection of vehicles. Many auto auctions now allow you to bid via the Internet so you can purchase that car you have been eying without getting off of the couch!
If you’re interested in attending or participating in an auto auction in person, here are a few things you will want to know before you go.
Types of Fort Wayne Auto Auctions
Before you actually go to an auto auction, it’s important to know what type of auction you are attending. Not all of them are open to the public and each type of auto auction has a different nuance and feel:
- Online auto auctions – automotive auctions via the Internet are similar to other types of motor auctions where sellers list vehicles and as much or as little as they want to say about the listed property. All bidding takes place from an online auto auction website (like eBay Motors), and all buyers are contractually obligated to follow through on their purchases if they are the highest bidder. Also, buyers and sellers can usually arrange shipment or delivery details through the auto auction website itself.
- Public auto auctions – a public motor auction in Fort Wayne IN is simply an event open to the general public where anyone can attend and bid. Sometimes people can even bring things with them to auction!
- Wholesale auto auctions – these auctions are generally limited to car dealers who are looking to purchase cars brought to the Fort Wayne auto auction by other car dealers. Many of the vehicles up for bid at a wholesale motor auction were previously used as rentals or leases. If you go to a wholesale automobile auction, it is not unusual to see rare exotic cars that collectors try to sell, trade-ins that a dealer does not sell at a particular dealership, popular vehicles that dealers hope to sell above MSRP at the auto auction, and older, used cars that major dealers will not try to sell on their lots.
- Salvage auto auctions – these auto auctions, also known as insurance auto auctions, sell vehicles that are damaged or in bad conditions and therefore are not open to the general public. Only experienced professionals with a comprehensive knowledge of car repairs should bid at a salvage automobile auction in Indiana.
- Government automobile auctions – these GSA (General Services Administration) auto auctions offer government-owned cars, trucks, SUVs, and vans to the general public. These automobiles up for bid were likely seized by the government or are retired government fleet vehicles.
Fort Wayne Auto Auction Tips
Going to an auto auction can be a fun and thrifty way for you to purchase your next car. However, don’t go to a motor auction unprepared! Before you put in your first bid you should understand a few tricks of the trade. Here are a few tips:
- Be sure to do your homework beforehand! If possible, decide on which vehicles you may want to bid by looking at the Auto Auction Catalog (either at the automobile auction site or online). Also, determine your maximum bid and consult the blue book value for a car in that listed condition to make sure you do not overbid or underbid.
- Familiarize yourself with the rules, terms and conditions of the auto auction location you are using. For example, you will want to know whether the auto auction site charges a buyer’s premium, a fee that could make a difference in how much you’re willing to bid. Also, be sure to check what forms of payment the Fort Wayne auto auction site accepts. Not every auction accepts credit cards!
- Ignorance isn’t always bliss – especially when it comes to auctions! To make sure you aren’t getting a lemon, try to get the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) from the seller and run a thorough Vehicle History Report to make sure nothing suspicious shows up. If something looks off, then you may want to focus on other cars at the auto auction.
- Show up early to the Fort Wayne IN motor auction site and give yourself plenty of time to inspect the vehicle(s) with an eagle eye. Be on the lookout for anything that just does not look quite right to you, like damaged rims, flood damage, a rebuilt title, uneven tire wear (a sign of bad alignment) or excessive damage. If you aren’t sure what to look for, then bring a friend who knows cars.
- Don’t get caught up in a bidding war and end up paying more than you intended. Stick to your guns: decide prior to the automobile auction that getting a good deal trumps the thrill of the win.
From Boston to Fort Wayne to sunny San Diego, auto auction sites abound! So what are you waiting for? Your next car may be just one bid away!
Thursday, Oct 27, 2016
|Dealer Only Auction||Run List||9:00 am|
Join us every Thursday for Bank and Credit Union Vehicles, Commercial Fleets, Rentals, Dealer Trades and More!
Thursday, Oct 27, 2016
|Salvage Auction||Run List||9:00 am|
Come early for Rental Wrecks, Inoperable Units and Damaged Vehicles every Thursday!
Thursday, Oct 27, 2016
|Repos - Public Sale||Run List||10:00 am|
Bank, Credit Union and Finance Company Repos! Pre-sale inspection on Wednesday from 3:00 to 5:00 PM! Inop repo units will be run at 9:00am.
|GSA - Public Sale||Run List||1:00 pm|
Indiana Auto Auction is proud to welcome GSA to our list of consignors!
Not Yet Available
|Heavy Truck Auctions||Not Set||10:00 am|